Crete - cruising through the birth place of Zeus
A great tour that will accelerate the heartbeat of any motorbike enthusiast
On the beautiful island of Crete we will discover all the ingredients for a perfect motorbike and holiday experience: lovely routes taking us through little villages, idyllic towns and breathtaking landscapes eventually leading down to beautiful beaches. The friendly people and delicious food ensure that we have a great time on this island, which is not only one of the most popular Greek holiday destinations but also, according to legend, the birth place of Zeus, the father of the gods.
Road tours on the island of Crete – a great experience that combines riding fun with amazing scenery and divine food as well as relaxing hours on the beach. Zeus, the Greek father of the gods, has blessed the island with all those scenic features that you normally would have to look for scattered all over Greece: wide sandy beaches and picturesque towns, gravel beaches under limestone cliffs, snow-covered mountains and fertile highland plains, deep gorges and rough rocky landscapes. The people on Crete are confident and hospitable.
In the villages, the old traditions are still preserved with great respect. What's more, many traces scattered all over the island bear testimony of the numerous cultures and peoples that once inhabited this island.
Level of difficulty
Dates for 2022 follow soon
All tours start at 10:00 a.m. at the hotel or B&B in Matala and also end there.
The itinerary is a suggestion by the organiser and can be adjusted to the group's requirements. The daily distances very between 150 and 450 km.
Mountain roads, gravel roads and very small paved rural roads
EUR 1,430 for driver
EUR 805 for passenger
EUR 140 single room surcharge
- 7 nights at three star hotels or guest house in Matala with pool, approx. 300 to 400 m from the sea (no change of hotel)
- 5 full day motorbike tours
- Greek tour guide with excellent command of English
- Rented motorbike for the five tour days (BMW F 650, Suzuki Freewind or Yamaha XT 600; BMW R1150 GS at a surcharge of 300 Euro)
- Fully comprehensive insurance with 700 Euro excess (BMW R1150 GS: 1.000 Euro)
- Helmet (on Crete a helmet is compulsory; we recommend you bring your own helmet)
- Transfer from Heraklion airport and back
Flight, fuel, meals (except breakfast), drinks, entrance fees
Meeting point and departure:
Pick-up in Heraklion
Achilles H. Karagiozidis
The operator's T&Cs apply: achilles-kreta.de/en/agb/