Northern Thailand, Laos & Vietnam
3 countries - 1 Million Impressions
We start this exotic tour from Chiang Mai to the Mekong River where we cross into Laos and further to Northern Vietnam. We explore the spectacular Region of Sapa and see the enormous Rice terraces on the way to Nghia Lo. Some of the most spectacular riding you can imagine. We continue to Ninh Binh to explore some of the giant Caves.
In Laos we visit the Plain of Jars and Luang Prabang, an UNESCO World Heritage Site before returning to Thailand.
Level of difficulty
approx. 3.200 km
The route is quite curvy, mostly being long turns and not hairpin bends. The roads are virtually all paved and usually not challenging. There are some steep sections and some technically more challenging parts. You should have adequate riding experience and be able to safely control the motorbike. We will cover between 150 and 300 km per day, giving us enough time for relaxing, eating and sightseeing. Although the roads in Laos are usually good, there might be occasional road works.
BMW F700/F800 GS
EUR 5.393,- for driver
EUR 3.158,- for passanger
EUR 609,- single room surcharge
EUR 5.872,- for driver
EUR 2.349,- for passanger
EUR 609,- single room surcharge
- Transfer from/to Chiang Mai airport and hotel
- 14 overnight stays in carefully selected Hotels and Resorts. Some Areas with the best Hotels available at spot
- Breakfast every day
- 12 x Lunches
- 13 x Dinner
- Motorcycle rental with unlimited mileage
- Gasoline during the tour
- Motorcycle nental with unlimed mileage
- Motorcycle insurance (please see Details under "Insurance"
- Water, soft Drinks en route
- Tour guide on motorcycle leading the group
- Driver/Tour guide in a Support van for luggage Transportation (1 Piece per person)
- Local Lao and Vienamese Tour guide
- Custom Declaration / Laos and Vietnam Permits, documentation, custom bonds and administration
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Tour Information package including riding and safety tips, Details about the hotels, the route and the sight
- Road Maps
All services not mentioned as included; flight, other meals than stated, Alcoholic beverages, optional motorcycle loss/damage waiver (please see Details under "Insurance"), Visa for Laos and Vietnam. Costs and visa process depending on your nationality.
Meeting Point and depature
A security deposit according to the below list is payable upon motorcycle hand over through credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash. The full amount will be reimbursed after the tour (if no damage occurred)
F700 GS: Security deposit 1,500 USD; Daily insurance rate / outside Thailand: 30 USD
F800 GS: Security deposit 1,700 USD; Daily insurance rate / outside Thailand: 40 USD
R1200 GS: Security deposit 2,500 USD; Daily insurance rate / outside Thailand: 60 USD
• Included for riding in Thailand is a Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle insurance with a deductible up to the security deposit amount (according the motorcycle type)
• For riding outside of Thailand Bike Tour Asia offers an optional additional daily damage/loss waiver for the motorcycle, based on the above listed daily insurance rate
• This optional insurance has to be paid latest upon the motorcycle hand over and covers the maximum deductible amount to the level of the security deposit while riding outside Thailand. Without this optional insurance the guest takes the risk up to the value of the motorcycle in case of a damage Personal and Third Party liability coverage according to below. (All in USD)
Personal and Third Party liabilitycoverage according to below. (All in USD):Loss of live, Sight, Dismemberment, Total Permanent Disability: 30,000 USD per guestAccidental Medical Expenses: 15,000 USD per guestPersonal Liability: 3,000 USD per guestPublic Liability: up to 303,000 USD